Experience two days of prime bonefishing on the breathtakingly blue waters of the Bahamas. You and a guest will also be spending three nights in a first-class resort with five-star meals included. This is a fishing experience you have to see to believe!
Escape to the Bahamas where you and a guest will enjoy two extraordinary days of fly fishing for trophy bonefish on the western shore of Great Abaco Island with three nights lodging, all meals and drinks included.
This lodge on Great Abaco Island has been a premier flats-fishing destination for years due to its next-level populations of supersize bonefish. Here you’ll find a bounty of bonefish, punctuated by more than 200 miles of prime skinny-water habitat known universally as the Marls. Step off your front porch, pour a cup of coffee and open your eyes to an azure panoramic setting where tailing bonefish, not to mention permit and tarpon, are top on the agenda.
Fishing on the Marls of Abaco
The lodge’s fly-fishing operations are located on the western side of Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas which is apart of a string of islands on the Atlantic about 175 miles east of Palm Beach, Florida. The lodge is the only fly-fishing operation on the Marls, which means you will have un-pressured, direct access to some of the best bonefish habitat in the world. Here you’ll find big ocean-side bonefish, shots at permit and the occasional tarpon, as well as barracuda, shark and mutton snapper.
Here 20 to 30 fish per day are a regular occurrence and many of the adult bonefish exceed the six-pound mark. This lodge is also staffed with the best guides in the northern Bahamas. Bonefishing is an integral part of the Bahamian culture, and these guides know everything about this sport. Top-of-the-line, shallow-draft Hell’s Bay flats skiffs ensure maximum comfort while fully experiencing the ultimate adrenaline rush of bonefishing in the Bahamas.
Abaco Island Lodging
This lodge on the Marls features luxury waterfront accommodations overlooking world-renowned flats on the west side of Great Abaco Island, just north of Marsh Harbor. The newly constructed lodge has eight air-conditioned private rooms with private baths as well as a fully stocked bar, pool, sitting room, outside fire pit and plenty of patio space to kick back and relax. Rooms feature large king beds, plush linens, rain showers and patios that terrace over the rugged shoreline.
Amenities include high-speed internet, WIFI connections and phone service. There is also a comfortable, common area with dining facilities, fully stocked bar (soft drinks, plenty of ice, a blender and mixers for cocktails), tying room and a new flat screen TV.
There is also a fishing shop which includes everything you need for a spectacular day of bonefishing and more including Sage rods, Abel reels, RIO lines, backing and tippets, Costa polarized sunglasses, a prime selection of top-producing flies, sunscreen and logo-wear from top brands such as Patagonia. If you left it at home, you can find it here.
Reasons to Choose Abaco Island
• The fly-fishing operations are located directly on Abaco’s famed Marls.
• Short runs from the lodge, typically less than half an hour and as fast as five minutes tailing fish, and lots of them.
• This lodge has a prime location and is the only lodge located on the Marls which means no trailering and more time fishing.
• Surprising number of juvenile tarpon live here and adept fly fishers will find big permit too.
• One of the most un-pressured flats fisheries of this caliber in the Caribbean.
• The lodge features individual private rooms with en-suite bathrooms.
• Most knowledgeable guide staff in the Bahamas, they know the Marls intimately and they possess an uncanny ability to find fish.
• Latest Hell’s Bay skiffs, widely recognized as the ultimate flats boat, allow us to access the shallowest water in maximum comfort.
• Island culture and activities make the lodge a great place for the non-angling spouse or children.
• Direct flights from south Florida make this lodge among the easiest bonefishing destinations to reach.
What to Bring
• Sun-protective clothing
• Slip-resistant shoes
• Personal care items
• Offer valid through Oct 2015 - March 15, 2016 and July 2016.
• Prices do not include government taxes (VAT).
• Single boat will require a 60% surcharge.
• Non-fishing guest can be included for $395 per person per night.
• Full-day fishing on arrival/departure date can be purchased for $750 per boat.
• Half-day fishing on arrival/departure date can be added for $550 per boat.
• Transportation from Treasure Cay Airport is an additional $50 per person each way.
• Transportation from Marsh Harbor Airport is included in the price of the trip.
Additional Days May Be Purchased
7 nights / 6 days fishing - $ 10,100
6 nights / 5 days fishing - $ 9,100
5 nights / 4 days fishing - $ 7,990
4 nights / 3 days fishing - $ 6,500