Here's your chance for the salmon fishing experience of a lifetime. You and three fellow anglers will enjoy two eight-hour fishing charters on Lake Michigan departing from Algoma, Wisconsin. Price includes two nights lodging at a local motel!
Trio Fishing Charters LLC. is a full service charter business that is run out of the sport fishing capital of the great lakes, Algoma WI, and located only a short 6 miles from the famous and beautiful Door County. Trio Fishing Charters specializes in all types of salmon as well as brown trout, lake trout, and steelhead (rainbow trout). We cater to all types of fisher men/women and children no matter if they have zero fishing experience or are one of the most seasoned in the world. As well as people who just want to sit back and relax and have one of the most exciting trips of their lives.
There is no way to explain the feeling of a 20 pound plus fishing pulling back at the other end of the line and screaming line out. The port of Algoma, Wisconsin is home to two Wisconsin state records. It is a proven fact that the charter boats out of Algoma catch larger numbers and larger size fish than any other fishing port on the lake. Fish of 30 plus pounds have been caught for years here and continue to be. Simply there is no other place on the lake that is better fishing.
During this trip, you and three fellow anglers will enjoy two eight-hour fishing charters on Lake Michigan departing from Algoma, Wisconsin. Price includes two nights lodging at a local motel!
About Trio Fishing Charters LLC
Captain Matthew Solchenberger is a USCG-United States Coast Guard- licensed captain. His Great Grandfather, Emil Pagel, ran the first sport fishing charter out of Algoma WI. Captain Matt Solchenberger Captain Matthew has been a local native to Algoma all of his life. He has been out on the waters of Lake Michigan for 19 years and fishing for 15 years. He has been on the water in many different situations to give him the experience that he needs to be a captain.
Captain Matthew says that “I take great pride in running my own charter boat, The Trio. I love to see the faces of satisfied customers. That is when I know that I have done a great job. I do this job because I love to fish and this allows me to do that as much as possible”.
Trio Fishing Boats
Trio Fishing Charters has expanded to better serve our customers. The original boat, TRIO is a 1984 33’ Chris Craft Commander. This boat weighs in at 13,000 lbs which makes it a very strong hull and a heavy fishing boat that handles the seas very well. It is powered by dual 454 engines which move us quickly to where the fish are biting yet slows down enough to troll and land the monsters that you are after. The TRIO boasts a spacious cabin with an L shaped couch, fully equipped kitchen with a full booth for guests. There is also a large head (bathroom) for your use aboard. It features a nice size back deck that gives you ample room to fight the big fish, take pictures or just hang out.
This year I have added TRIO II. The TRIO II is a 1973 40’ Viking Convertible Cruiser. It is powered by dual Volvo 370 hp diesels which result in smooth, responsive and directional stable performance. This is the Cadillac of boats when it comes to either sport fishing or recreation. TRIO II provides a spacious cabin, fully equipped kitchen and a large head for your use aboard. The back deck of TRIO II is more spacious than that of the TRIO allowing customers more room for fighting the big ones, taking photos or just enjoying the day on the water.
Both boats sport a fly bridge, the area above the cabin that is the highest point on the boat. You are welcome to climb on up and enjoy the view from a different advantage point. A little history about the TRIO - I got the name from my great grandfather who had a commercial fishing boat out of Algoma named the TRIO (he had three sons at the time). When the commercial fishing industry declined he turned his commercial boat into the first sport fishing boat out of Algoma.
"Had one hell of a time with them caught a huge mess of white fish and then some would definitely recommend them!! Awesome people!!" - Jeffrey M.— 5 stars
"First time Salmon fishing and I had a blast! Captain Matt is great and has a great first mate!" - Frank D. — 5 stars
"Awesome people friendly and non stop fun entire trip can't wait till Feb to join them again." -Bill S. — 5 stars
"Always a fun time." - Mark B. — 5 stars
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: How many people can The Trio have aboard.
- A: The trio is a large fishing vessel that is capable of holding six customers as well as the crew. We recommend that you have 4 person groups because it gives better odds at people catching more fish. If the group is larger than 6 people we can arrange to have another boat added to meet your needs.
- Q: Do we fish in the rain?
- A: Yes, we will fish in the rain. Fish don't care what the weather is doing up top. They love it wet so it does not matter if it is raining.
- Q: Is tipping appropriate?
- A: We feel that our extra effort warrants gratitude. What the customer wants to tip is totally up to them but traditionally 15-20% of the price of the trip is customary.
- Q: What else is there to do in the area?
- A: Algoma and the surrounding area have plenty for you to do to make your trip the best ever. Some of the things to do are visit beautiful Door county that is only 6 miles away it has more shops to visit than you could do in a month time. Lambeau field is only a short drive away where you can go to the stadium, Packers Pro Shop, or the Packers Hall of Fame. There are also a lot of interesting museums, wineries, and festivals to attend. We have some of the nicest golf courses and supper clubs around that are only a short drive. If you would like help trying to plan other things to do just give Capt. Matt a call and he will be happy to help you; set up tee times, find great places to visit with directions, or a great place to eat.
- Q: Does the Trio fishing charters provide food, drinks, and fishing equipment?
- A: Trio fishing charters does include soft drinks and continental breakfast and snacks aboard. You are able to bring additional things if you would like. Alcoholic beverages will be allowed as long as you are over 21 years of age. Lunch aboard can be arranged upon request for an additional fee. Trio Fishing Charters provides all of the necessary tools that are needed for the best fishing experience of your life.
- Q: Do I need a fishing license to fish aboard the trio?
- A: Yes you will need to have a Wisconsin fishing license as well as a Great Lakes trout stamp.