Enjoy a full eight-hour day of morning off-shore fishing followed by lunch on a deserted island and snorkeling the shallow waters near Key West ship wrecks; then wrap up your day with even more fishing!
This full day trip will feature eight-hours of exciting excursions including off-shore fishing, snorkeling and lunch on a deserted island throughout the course of the day. All fishermen aboard will be able to fully appreciate and explore the beautiful waters of Key West, Florida while making memories and catching plenty of trophies to take home with you.
Fishing in Key West, Florida
The 125-mile-long arc of islands that comprise the Florida Keys creates a fishing environment unique to the world. This area offers an abundance of both noteworthy and edible-sized catch virtually any time of year.
Florida Bay, edged by the “inner” curve of the Keys and the Florida mainland, is referred to locally as the "backcountry", home to five of the most sought-after game fish among recreational anglers: bonefish, tarpon, permit, redfish (red drum) and snook.
Off the Keys’ “outer” curve and nearby Gulf Stream lies the Atlantic Ocean. In these deep-sea areas are some of the greatest sport fish in the world: blue and white marlin, sailfish and swordfish.
From the Guide
"My Key West fishing philosophy is that first and foremost you need to understand fishing of any kind is supposed to be fun. I try to take time to teach my customers so they learn proper technique to make their angling experience easier and more exciting. I like to match the tackle to the customer's needs. Most people do not enjoy three-hour battles fighting one fish nor do they enjoy just cranking the fish up with a winch. Matching the tackle also helps with releasing edible game fish without killing them. I'm not saying sometimes we don't get surprised by catching a two hundred pound tarpon on ten pound spinning tackle. It happens.
The most important thing when we are out fishing is communication. If you're not having fun or you want to try something else, please tell me. In the end if we work together we'll have a great day. At the end of the trip a couple of things will happen, you will have great memories to take home, I'll have made a new friend and hopefuly you'll come back to fish with me again."
The 2011 37 SeaHunter is powered by twin V-8 motors from Yamaha and the V-8 is nothing but raw torq and power. Seahunter did a great job when they planned out this boat. The amount of cockpit space and room in the bow for fishing is that of large sport fishing boats. This boat has a wider beam which follows the entire length of the boat and is 11'6" wide.
What to Bring
• Food and beverages of choice (coolers and ice provided, alcoholic beverages are permitted but it is asked that you please drink responsibly)
• Polarized sunglasses
• Light jacket
• Bags to take catch home
• Rain gear (if necessary, some basic rain ponchos will be provided)
• Promotional price only available through Gunn&Hook!
• Eight-hours of fishing and snorkeling in Key West, Florida for up to six anglers.
• Very flexible guide. You tell him how and where you want to fish!
• Fish from a 40-foot SeaHunter center console boat.
• Snorkeling included in the charter, but not required.
• Bait and licenses are provided.
• Edible fish of legal size and limit are yours to keep.
• Call 1-855-GUN-HOOK for more details.
• Offer valid for up to six people until April 30, 2015.
• Trophy mounting is available at an additional cost.
• Tipping the guide is not mandatory, but appreciated.
• Fishing equipment and bait is included in the cost of the trip.
• Alcoholic beverages are permitted, but it is asked that you please drink responsibly.